Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just Another Day In Paradise

Well........ It's 12:30 am on Thursday morning and I'm laying here in my hospital bed thinking about the next day/days/week/weeks to come. Tomorrow afternoon I am having my second brain surgery in the past 3 weeks. As you have probably already read I discovered, on Monday, that I have an infection in my head from my previous surgery. The infection is serious enough that Dr. Mickey and his team will be re-opening my incision and skull in order to wash out all of the infection. Dr. Mickey said the odds of getting this type of infection are 1 in 100. I'm so lucky :) Basically, I'm having the same surgery I had 3 weeks ago minus the whole removing the brain part. They say the recovery process should be easier so I'm crossing my fingers hoping they are right. I want to thank you all for all your supportive comments, calls, and most important prayers over the past few weeks. It may seem like everything is against me right now but I'm just looking at this as another speed bump in the race track of life. My strength is being tested right now but I know that GOD won't put me through anything I can not handle. Ok, the pain medication is starting to kick in, so I should probably get some sleep before the big day. You can check back here over the next few days for updates on how the surgery went. Thanks again for your support and I'll see you all real soon.

Brian