Tuesday, October 28, 2008

BACK HOME AGAIN

Sorry it's taken so long for me to post a new blog. As I'm sure you have already read, I had my fourth surgery about a week and a half ago. Everything went went well and I was released from the hospital last Friday. So far my recovery has been easier than from my prior surgeries. The swelling in my head is starting to go down and the crater in my forehead is beginning to be noticeable. When I asked the doctor what precautions I need to take to protect my skulless head he replied "no knife fights." One of my good friends Jeff had some encouraging words for me right after surgery, "Brian you're not as big of a bone head as you use to be." Even though I've found out that I'm allergic to 6 different antibiotics I haven't had any rashes YET. The crater in my head is beginning to become more noticeable as the swelling in my head goes down. With all the stares I've been getting I've come up with a few different ideas for t-shirts I need to get
  • "Keep starring I might do a trick"
  • "What? I have cancer!"
  • "At least my hair is going to grow back"

Unfortunately I'm back to being stuck on an IV twice a day for two and a half hours. My blood test today showed that the antibiotic levels are finally at therapeutic levels. The next step in this ongoing saga is for me to go back to Dallas on Wednesday. While I'm there I will have an MRI and meet with Dr. Mickey. If the MRI shows that the cancer has not grown we will wait to begin radiation treatments. If it has grown we will have to speed up the process.

I want to thank all of you for all your prayers and support. I'm very fortunate to have such a great support network of friends and family during this difficult time. Check back soon as I will be posting new information and pictures. Thanks again and GOD bless.