I want to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. Even in times like these we all have a lot to be thankful for. I have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. However, right now I'm especially thankful for my health and all my friends and family members who have stood by my side during the last 4 months. Some people may read this and say "how can you be thankful for your health?" Well.... with all the things that have gone on I feel very blessed to be able to spend this holiday with my loved ones. If you are reading this, you have most likely supported my recovery and I'm very thankful for your support.
Many concerned people have asked me a lot of questions over the past few weeks so I thought a little Q&A session was in order.
Q: When will I have my next surgery? / When will I begin radiation?
A: Right now, I'm not positive on the exact time frame for either of these procedures. I'm going back to Dallas on the 1st to visit with my Infectious Disease Dr. and then I see Dr. Mickey on the 10th. I should know what the game plan is after my visit with Dr. Mickey. It's very possible that I will either have surgery or begin radiation during the middle of December. However, It's my opinion that I won't start either one until at least the first of January. I really don't want to be in the hospital during the holidays but I will do whatever the experts tell me to.
Q: Will the removed piece of my skull grow back?
A: Unfortunately............ NO, I'm not a worm. I will be going back to Dallas sometime soon to have prosthetic plastic skull piece placed in the opening.
Q: Am I still on an I.V and if so how much longer will have to be on it?
A: Yes, I'm still required to take an I.V for 2 1/2 hours twice a day. I'm not positive when I will be able to quit. If everything goes well during my Dr. appointment on Monday I should be able to stop the I.V at that time.
Q: Is GM going bankrupt?
A: In my opinion: NO!!!! General Motors is a global car manufacturer who's primary business is not all the in United States. They manufacture and sell cars all over world and their business is prospering in other regions. There will be a "bail out" of some kind. 25 billion may sound like a lot of money to LOAN an industry but if the Big 3 were to fail it would cost the American tax payers over 120 BILLION in the first year alone. I've been asked this question a lot lately so I figured I would use this blog to put in my 2 cents.
That's all the questions I can think of right now. If you have any further questions just put them in the comments section and I will answer them in my next blog.
I just had a great Thanksgiving dinner with my family at my grandmothers house. I over ate as usual and have no regrets. Tomorrow, my father and I are headed to Dallas to see Cowboys game. GMAC gave us tickets to their suite so it should be a great time. Have a wonderful time with your friends and family tomorrow and take this time to thank GOD for the many things he has blessed us with.
Take Care,
Brian