Here's a picture of my parents and I at the end of the night. (2 a.m)
What's new in Dallas?
Things are still going relatively well in Dallas. I stayed 2 nights at my friend Kallie's mom's house and now I'm currently living at some of Shea's friends home in Southlake while their away at Disney World. I'm pretty much just house hopping. Shea came into town on Friday too hang out with me till Christmas Eve. I would love to tell you that we have been doing a lot of exciting things but ............... we haven't. I'm so tired during the day that I pretty much just sleep most of the day. She got her first chance to go to radiation with me on Sunday. The staff at the cancer center allowed her to come into the room while they strapped me to the table.
She took some pictures before the radiation began. The one on the right is them aligning the machine on my head. Keep in mind this lovely mask is so tight that I can't open my eye lids. Every day I can feel the effects of the treatments more and more. My hair is beginning to fall out and my head is very tender. It's similar to a severe sunburn but worse. I was finally able to speak with my neuro oncologist today and she informed me that we will most likely begin chemotherapy a month after my radiation treatments are complete. My final radiation treatment is scheduled for January 23rd so get ready to celebrate. Thankfully they're giving me a couple of days off for Christmas so I'll be flying home on Wednesday and returning on Monday. I finally started my shopping today which I'm sure is not a surprise to many of you. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I'm not a big fan of the greedy gift exchanging this holiday brings but it's my favorite holiday because of it's true meaning. If you don't know what the true meaning is you should pick up the book A Charlie Brown Christmas. God Bless you all and have a wonderful Christmas.
Brian
