1 Week down
I had my 6th radiation treatment today and all is well so far. On Monday I was able to visit with my radiation oncologist. He showed me all the different angles the radiation comes from and was pleased with how everything looked. When I asked him about me losing my hair he said "oh ya, you're going to loose it." I hear girls love bald guys so what the hey! During my off time I've had a chance to stop by several dealerships and visit with some old friends. Many of these people haven't seen me since I was in the hospital. They have all seemed shocked when I drive up and don't look like Frankenstein. Other than visiting old friends and having dinner with my friend Jeff last night I've pretty much just been resting. I'm definitely experiencing the fatigue the doctors warned me about. Yesterday, I had to wait in the waiting area for about an hour before they called me in for treatment. When I impatiently asked what was taking so long (like I had something else to do) one of the nurses replied "I have a 500 pound man that I'm trying to treat but he won't fit on the table." I'll let you decide whether or not that's funny. I have another treatment tomorrow afternoon and then I'm flying back to Amarillo for the weekend. It will be nice to be back home in my own bed for a few days. I wish I had more news to report but my life is pretty boring right now. If you're curious and have any questions feel free to ask. As always, thanks for your prayers, comments, and support. You have no idea how much they have helped.
P.S If you're wondering where the title of this blog came from: a good friend of mine Amanda told me I should start using the pick up line "I'm tall, dark, and handsome with a radiant personality!"
Thanks for reading and GOD BLESS
Brian