I'm sitting here at the Chicago airport, rather anxiously awaiting my flight that will take me to my favorite place. :) I look out the window and see this beautiful thing I have missed for the last 6 weeks-snow! I've been up since 3:55am, and feel quite tired. I loved the flight from Atlanta though; it was so beautiful. The country life is still best, but gazing out of a tiny window and seeing all those glittering city lights below is quite an adventure, too! I love all things flying...but especially at night/dark.
I came from Georgia, where we had a simply splendid time yesterday being with some wonderful people. I went from playing Dare Base yesterday and sweating profusely (LOVE that Georgia sun!!)....to shivering this morning (I could see my breath!) as I waited for my suitcase and wondering WHY I didn't bring a jacket.
Just found out that our flight has been delayed due to the snow, so now I don't know when I will get home. *sniffle* I'm so close..!!
The next several days will be filled with feeding my two men, teaching all my neglected students, sewing projects, home projects, helping the guys chore (I never get out to the barn normally, but I'm hoping to this week, with less to do than normal) and listening to myself think, among other things. :) I was discussing the dilemma of no noise (and how I was going to survive without it) with my family and cousins last night, and they all assured me that I can just call them whenever I find myself in need of some "normal", and they will be happy to all yell into the phone for me. Such dears they are. :) I will miss them and the party they will have without me. But seriously....I do love solitude and I'm sure I will have a simply lovely time of peaceful home time. My biggest worry is that I will make way to much food. I have no idea how to cook for three. I always automatically double/triple/etc recipes almost without even thinking about it. We joke that when I get married, I will be having my family over everyday to eat leftovers, because I will always make too much food for just hubby & I. :)
Anyway, that is my life in a nutshell at 9:37am on Tuesday morning. :) Stay tuned!