Sunday, August 3, 2008

Diagnosis and Treatment

On July 23rd I was diagnosed with a Glioma brain tumor following an M.R.I. For the past 6 months I have been having small seizures that prompted me to see a Doctor. On Friday August 1st I saw a Neurosurgeon, Dr. Bruce Mickey, in Dallas who discovered that the tumor was in fact malignant. The prognoses was not good however we now have a plan of action. I am scheduled to have brain surgery on Thursday August 7th at 7:00 am. The goal of the surgery is to remove as much of the tumor as possible. They will then biopsy the tumor to find out the exact type of cancer I have and see what future treatment is needed to remove the remaining tumor. Chemo therapy and/or radiation will be needed. That is all we know right now and anything else is pure speculation at this point. Please keep me in your prayers. We will try to post new information as comes available. Thanks for all your support.