I am a Chicago-based entrepreneur who is launching a new business in the exciting field of solid-state lighting. I have spent the last several weeks collecting market data and general information about the solid-state lighting world by attending conferences and corresponding with industry experts, manufacturers, analysts, and resellers. I have now amassed almost enough raw data to assemble a cogent, convincing business plan. What I am lacking, however, is time. If you're reading this, I'm sure you're well aware of how labor-intensive writing a superb business plan can be. While I can devote some time to writing myself, I am presently occupied, by and large, with the myriad other tasks involved in assembling the infrastructure of a new small business. Hence, I am looking to hire a business-plan ghost writer.
Project Responsibilities
• Analyze and assimilate market data provided to you.
• Collect new market data if/when necessary. FYI, to be blunt, Googling and surfing Wikipedia articles won't cut it here; you're going to have to pick up the phone and make cold calls.
• Develop overall layout and flow of business plan.
• Decide how many sections the plan should have, what information should be presented in each section, etc. I've always considered this website, unsurprisingly, to be an excellent guide: http://www.sequoiacap.com/ideas.
• Create realistic pro-forma financials, e.g., costs of goods sold, other direct costs, G&A expenses, bottom-up revenue estimates, etc. These financials will help determine roughly (1) how much capital the business will need to get started, (2) what its operating expenses will be, and (3) how long it will be until the business becomes cash-flow positive. These estimates do not have to be GAAP compliant.
• Meet with me face-to-face between 1-3 times per week to discuss your progress. I live close to Evanston, so I can come to you.
Deliverables and Deadline
• A well-written, finely polished, highly persuasive business plan that can be confidently presented to potential investors. Several drafts and revisions will almost certainly be necessary.
• Delivery deadline: ~3-4 weeks from project start date.
Requirements
• Superb writing skills
• General fluency with terminology related to technology, fundamental science, and of course business/finance
• A sense of pride in your work
• Diligence, a perfectionist streak, and loads of common sense!
Compensation
Total compensation for this project will be $700. $200 will be paid up-front, and the remaining $500 upon delivery of a document that meets the above criteria. For fairness, this determination will be made not only by me, but also by an experienced lighting-industry consultant whom I have hired to help me learn the ropes of the lighting game. (You will have the ability to speak with him throughout the project, at your convenience.)
Contact Information:
For inquiries: support@lotus-led.com
For submissions: support@lotus-led.com