Friday, September 12, 2008

FRUSTRATION

Frustration is defiantly the word of the day. I woke up this morning and took a shower for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. I then began to get all my things together. Why would I be doing all of this? Well for the past couple of days I have been being told that I would be released today. All my lovely nurses have been coming by to say goodbye saying they had seen on my chart that I would be released. Then the doctor comes in…………. While I’m exaggerating about how great I feel and how much I’m looking forward to getting home he burst my bubble by telling me that my blood levels are still not correct so I will not be going home today. I was very frustrated to say the least and did my best negotiating job with no success. The blood levels he was referring to have something to do with levels of antibiotics I will be taking for the next 6 weeks. As long as these levels improve I should be cleared to go home before Monday. My current condition is good compared to the previous weeks. My biggest problem right now is the infectious rash and swelling. My skin hurts and is peeling off like potato chips (thanks Jeff) while my legs and feet are swollen to 4 times their normal size. Walking is a huge challenge and feels like I’m walking on a bed of glass. My energy level is as low as it has ever been. A trip to the bathroom requires a 3 hour nap to recover. However, I have been making myself walk and my stamina is greatly improving. Ok, enough complaining. If you think about it, for a guy who has had 3 brain surgeries in the last 3 weeks biggest complaint to be some swelling and a rash isn’t too bad. There’ve been a few extra bumps in the road but none of it has been more than I can handle. I just figure chemotherapy and radiation should be a breeze compared to the last 4 weeks. That’s about all I have for now. Hopefully I will be writing a blog from home very soon. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me over the past month. It may not seem like a big deal but I know that wouldn’t have been able to make it this far without them. God is a funny guy who throws you a curveball sometimes. Thankfully he is always there to help you through it. I just try to tell myself “pain is temporary – glory is forever.” I’m writing my testimony one day at a time right now.