Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME!!

i just wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know that I'm finally back in the great city of Amarillo as of Sunday. I can't tell you how good it felt to be home and sleep in my own bed last night. I definitely don't miss having nurses wake me up at all hours of the night to poke and prod me. Even though I'm out of the hospital I still have to be connected to an I.V. Right now learning how to hook up my IV is a challenge. I have to hook up myself up to the IV machine every 8 hours and let it run for an hour and a half. They say I will have to do this for the next 4 weeks.

So what's next?

The first thing I have to do is finish recovering from my 3 surgeries and my infection. The good news is my swelling seems to be reducing. I'm currently trying to reschedule my appointment with the oncologist at M.D Anderson so we can decide on the treatment strategy to remove the remaining cancer. I still have the staples and stitches in my head and will hopefully have them removed in the next week or so. Other than that, my current plan is to get some rest and begin trying to regain my strength.

Once again, thanks for all the prayers and support. Even though this battle is far from over I feel that the worst is behind me. I look forward to seeing you all very soon.