Friday, September 19, 2008

SO WHAT'S GOING ON?

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post. Ever since my first surgery my vision has been poor at best. I have a little information to report but not much. The rash that I have been dealing with over the past couple of weeks has started to re-emerge on my lower back. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and was told to start using my steroid cream again. I'm praying this works because I don't know if I can handle the full body infection again. On another note, I was able to get an appointment at M.D Anderson on this coming Thursday. This will allow me to get a second opinion from a neuro oncologist so that I can plan my chemo and radiation treatments. Even though I know the radiation is going to be tough, I'm ready to get started. Other than that I'm continuing to take my 39 pills a day and IV treatments every 8 hours. The IV treatments are a little bit more of a burden than I originally thought. Every treatment takes about 2 hours and my apartment is beginning to resemble my hospital room. Overall I'm feeling pretty good considering what I've been through over the past month. The swelling in my legs and feet seems to be declining, even though I still haven't found a pair of shoes to fit my feet. My head still looks like I'm dressing up as Frankenstein for Halloween. They should be able to remove the staples and stitches sometime in the next week. My strength is slowing coming back as I try to get up and get around for a little bit each day. I want to thank all of you for your continued prayers and support. I'm very blessed to have such a great support network of friends and family members to help me through this difficult time. I hope to have more news very soon and I will post any new information as it comes available. Thanks again.