Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Freelance job, ghostwriter for social economics book, payment: $5,000

I am looking to hire a ghostwriter to complete a book I am writing on the social economics of sex, love, and dating. This book has a similar approach to Freakonomics (social economics) but specifically dealing with human mating. The entire book is to be about 75,000 words, and I have about 1/3 of the manuscript complete and ready for print. The entire "contents" of the book is already written (i.e., the random thoughts/gibberish scribbled into several Word documents), but you would need to read all those notes (a LOT of them), organize them according to my outline, and then re-write the gibberish clearly and succinctly to complete the rest of the book, ensuring the same tone and style as the first section.

You would also be writing the introduction, conclusion, and editing my acknowledgements section. There are also plenty of academic papers, videos, and other supporting materials to review and use as "source" materials for the book. You must know how to properly cite these papers when making reference to them in the book, as well as complete the bibliography/works cited section of the book.

I am only considering ghostwriters with references, and the selected person must have published books already in print/distribution. Fee plus royalties for the right person. Ideal person is liberal/progressive thinking and highly analytical (attorneys and/or analysts/economists that have a penchant for writing are likely the best fits).

Remember, 1/3 of the book is already done. I just need someone to finish the remaining two sections. Please send resume and credentials for interview consideration.

Location: Boca Raton

Compensation: $5,000 manuscript fee, plus 25% royalty fee on proceeds over $25k.

Via: craigslist.org

Contact Information:

For inquiries: gigs-vzgqn-2348519915@craigslist.org

For submissions: gigs-vzgqn-2348519915@craigslist.org