I'm looking for a humorist to pen a face-rippingly funny essay for a Las Vegas-based magazine. We have a food-themed issue coming up, and I thought it'd be nice to get an out-of-towner to pen some ha-ha riffs on Sin City culinary culture. The usual suspects such as buffets and casino coffee shops and shrimp cocktail are fine as long as the writing is sharp.
Of course, I'm looking for more than a loose quiver of one-liners. I'm looking for a tight, unified, well-wrought 600-word essay that, between the nyuks, has some thought to it. Frankly, I'm having trouble finding strong comic writers in Las Vegas, so I'm giving you a shot, Los Angeles. DON'T MESS THIS UP BUT NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING.
Yes! It's a paying gig. Not a lot -- around $150 -- but if it's any consolation, your shining byline will be accompanied by a terrific illustration and be seen and marveled at by our affluent and well-educated readers and just generally look all official and magaziney and legit. Who knows? This could lead to occasional or even regular freelance work.
Write me at sincitywriter (at) gmail.com if you're interested and I'll give you more details. If you have clips or samples, that's great too.
Contact Information:
For inquiries: sincitywriter (at) gmail.com
For submissions: sincitywriter (at) gmail.com
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Freelance writing, Las Vegas magazine (food issue), pays $150 per article
Labels:
articles,
femministas,
food,
freelance writing,
qlit